Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rage

I would tear up all the papers
Of all the letters we ever shared
I would burn all the reasons
Why I ever thought you cared
I cared
But how do I burn up a mind
Already spinning out of my control
Damn it! How to stop the the thoughts
How to stem what won't be caught?
Why did i ever memorize?
Memories turned out to be lies?
Why didn't I ever see
That like everyone else your age
You were nowhere near ready
To let go and find yourself so deep in me
Now I'm burning up the evidence
I'm screaming at the top of my lungs to drown out the din
Would it please you to know
I nearly ran a knife through this heart
To stop it behaving as it does
If it does not live it does not love
These tears fill up the silver cups
I'm drinking my sorrow
Saline medicine another futile way
To deaden the cells, the sensitivity
I'm still chasing the demon of your supposed love
Tie me up and cross me out
I now know you know nothing about
This stormy emotion parading as love
Ripping through my soul and burning everything
I can't act, I can't think
So seeped in the sensations of what used to be
Reverse what happened between us
I don't ever want to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment