Thursday, June 9, 2011

Can You Love Yourself Now

My world is giddy
I'm spinning around in it
Sinning around in it
Jesus forgive me
Just stop my world being giddy
It's spinning around me
I'm high yet I'm low
Knowing I'm yet on the roller-coaster
My body shaking
My faculties wasting
Yet my mind awake
Because that's the way I roll
He said my hands were hot
Like they were frying pans
He felt my neck, my shoulders, my knee
He massaged my head to take away the panic
The tension of the day
'Just relax, don't think' He said
While I was busy counting on my mind
To save me
Save me from what?
A deeper connection?
Elemental sensation?
Drunk poetry doesn't rhyme as much
Luckily, I'm too much of a lit geek
To suffer typos
My head is spinning
I rest it on a chair
I don't want to puke
Don't want to make my mom aware
That that which I drank was vodka
Not Sprite
I wanna close my eyes
Sleep peacefully tonight
Will I be able to?
Can I burp all of it out?
And hope my boss shall e-mail me
When I'm in a stable state of mind
And she finds it easy to empathize with mine
I feel my head spinning
What will help me?
I feel my head spinning
What will help me?
Will it be the thought that I'm soon to sleep
Or will it be the thought that I was holding hands
With you who will never love me
And I don't want you to
Because I don't want to take things too far
I just want to enjoy this moment
You and I
As I burp my way to sobriety

No comments:

Post a Comment