Monday, June 6, 2011

Writer's Ecstasy

The words unravel from my pen
Shadows dancing along the walls of this church
Candles flickering
Arranged in a pattern
That doesn't quite make sense
I'm awake yet not
Sleeping, almost dead to the world
Just awake to the music that plays
Curious symphony of ghostly hands
So ancient, so wise, yet ever changing
Strong hands
Beautiful to look at

The church is domed
It has ladies posing within gilt frames
They extend their hands to the viewer
Daring him to visit their space
Sly, cunning smiles
Glorious youth
Beguiling splendor
They look at me and I know them
They beckon to my soul
My reflection dances within their eyes

The smoke of the ghost rises
It evanesces across the room
Spreading, kissing each portrait in turn
It reminds me of a guy I used to know
Briefly one then another
All turning, merging, melding
It forms the nature of a Prince
Surrounds me, twirling around me
Through him, with him, in him
Spirit makes reality shine
No longer material, no longer substance
I leave my earthly bonds as I merge with the divine

No comments:

Post a Comment