Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Merry Go Round

Grey smoke parts in curtains of dew
Across the grainy sand touched by the blue emeralds of drops
Tiny sinking in deep vanishing in a moment
Oh beautiful sky you fill me up with joy
I empty the cup of my sorrow into you upwards
Merry me, round and round, in the dust kicked up by my heels
Freedom freed in this heart of mine beating a tattoo faster than the raining spell Pitter patter of little feet of little drops calling to me
Dripping down the smooth cool surface of angry horses with flashing eyes flashing gold into the night like the beacons of something evil

A storm rents the sky
Thunder echoes softly, deadly
Promising death to who stands in its path
I search for cover, looking here there for some dry sanctuary
I find none except the wild horses rocking away in demented melody
Rushing, risking life I run to one who looks at me
Daring me to climb it as the ferris spirals out of control
Up, up I look amazed as it turns up out of the ground
I feel dazed I know not anymore for all is blackness to me

I open these eyes so tightly shut and breathe
One piece, all there and music comes to my ears
A painful melody of teary violins in the wind
The notes almost tangible to he who can perceive
Overcome with the emotions inspired within this capricious heart I look to the only light in the place
An oil lamp blushes with light on to the face of intensity
Angular features on an angular face lips pursed in concentration
Painting with a frenzy I understand
He looks up but doesn't see me
Too lost in what surrounds him to know anything except the blood of his heart bleeding on to his canvas out of the pores of his brush
I understand

No comments:

Post a Comment