Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Heart Is Already Given (Part II)

The Prince woke up in the dreams
Of the girl he knew he loved
He was trapped within her mind
Only to dream but not to love

He lingered there till the day
When like all she passed away
Alone, helpless, broken hearted
He walked a man with no fate

Picking up the soft clouds, he thought
Of his palace all huge and grand
Lo behold! It appeared before him
The sapphire seas and emerald lands

Walking further, he discovered a pool
Whose waters were clear and cool
He reached for a sip
And found he couldn't see himself

Instead he saw fantastic pictures
As if snatched out of a dream
As he took a palmful of water
It turned into a sunlight beam

Fascinated, he sat right there
Watching dreams all the time
Till one day he saw a dream
That reminded him of the girl he'd left behind

'Who are you?' he asked in wonder
As he ran his hand through its sparkling stream
The will so great, he pulled himself in
And he landed into my dream

Many years have passed since I first met him
Through dreams he's taught me what love can be
He took my heart before I knew it could be taken
He's given the gift of his love to me

You think this is merely a poem, a fantasy
But He is my life, this is my confession
I cannot love you even though you love me
I fear my heart is already given

2 comments:

  1. the poem is exceptionally well written...may i knw to whom the poems are dedicated to if you dont mind...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is kind of a story in a story. It is addressed by a girl to the guy who wants her to love him and this is the reason she gives for why she will never be able to.

    ReplyDelete